I don't know, I sort of think our veggy Saturday nights in should be a bit more structured, maybe with some kind of intricate poker games or something (is there such a thing as an intricate poker game? The only alternative to poker I know of is strip poker and I do not think that is very intricate) but we are lazy, and as long as there is nice food, nice drink and somewhat filthy discussions about Joseph Gordon Levitt or Channing Tatum (and that Sha's lovely fiance has something to amuse him whilst we are having these non boy-friendly discussions) then we are happy.
ANYWAY. Here is my recipe for comfort food pasta yumminess!
1. Chop up your meat and fry in the pan until it's cooked.
2. While it's cooking, chop up your vegetables and chuck it in the pan once the meat is cooked through.
3. Throw in some red wine and let the ingredients simmer in it for a bit and absorb the yummy flavour.
4. Pour yourself a glass of red wine. I mean, the bottle's OPEN.
5. After a few minutes, pour in the passata and stir.
6. Add 2 caps of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoonful of sugar or sweetener.
7. Add the spices of your choice - I added a teaspoon of smoked paprika and a couple of cloves of garlic, and a splash of sweet chilli sauce.
8. Stir well and then leave on a medium heat to bubble away and simmer for about 10 minutes. Put your pasta on whilst it's doing that.
9. Your sauce will be really liquid at this point but if you leave it, it will reduce down a lot and thicken nicely. Keep an eye on it - you don't want it to stick.
10. When your pasta is done, drain it, stir it into the sauce and serve with lots of cheese on top and garlic bread on the side. Nom nom nom.
Warning: You may get red wine lips as a side effect. It's perfectly normal.